Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Shaking his little tush on the catwalk



Ok, he's not really shaking his little tush on the catwalk (I think he needs to learn to crawl before he can do that), but James has been modeling a bit.  I'm attempting to do a little "photo shoot" for each monthly birthday.  I had great ambitions to do something super cute like this or this, or use something like this.  But A) I didn't want to spend any money and B) I didn't plan ahead of time so I ended up just writing his age on an index card.  Not very exciting, but it works.  I'm also taking his picture each month with his teddy bear so you have an idea how big he's getting from month to month.


Before he was born, I had no idea how hard it would be to photograph a newborn.  I don't like to use the flash (doesn't look natural in my opinion), but he moves so much that most of my pictures end up either out of focus or blurry.  I might need to do some research before the 3 month shoot.





As you can tell from the ingenious 1 month index card, these are from when he was a month old.  I'm currently going through the 2 month shots and will post those soon.

I'd like to give a shout-out to Emily Leidolf who made green/blue/red/orange quilt and to Katie Wright who made the blue/brown receiving blanket.  He loves them both (and so do I!)

2 comments:

  1. Sweet indeed.
    Makes me smile :)

    Jeff Jorgensen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff! Great to hear from you! Thanks for the lovely comment :)

    ReplyDelete