Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I Like to Ride My Bicycle

But I do not like to wear my helmet...
Matthew got me a bike trailer for Mother's Day, and this past weekend, we took James for his first ride.  We had been wheeling him around in the trailer at home a bit, and he loved it, so I assumed that he would love the bike ride, too.  What I didn't consider was how much he would dislike wearing his helmet :(

Boy this thing is heavy.  But let's go.
 James showing off his sign language skills at the turn-around point and giving us the sign for "all done" (usually reserved for when he's done eating)
"All Done"
 He was not a happy camper on the return trip.  He managed to take off his helmet not once...
Ok, now I'm ready to go.
 But twice.
Sneaky little boy...
We'll have to try it again soon, with a tighter helmet (and possibly a rear view mirror for me so I can see when he takes it off!).  We'll make a biker out of him yet!

Here are a few other snippets from our weekend:

Dada made James a pancake with a "J" on it.  Can you tell that he liked it?

Nature walk w/Dada

Visit to the park

Checking out the backyard wildlife
(the dark thing between the trees is a wild turkey)

And last but not least, the little man reduced his time to sit in his bumbo from over 2 minutes to 26 seconds!  Not too shabby :)


No comments:

Post a Comment