Thursday, August 18, 2011

Our Little 5 Month Old

James and I had a lot of fun taking his monthly pictures this time around.  I know I say this a lot, but I can't believe how much he's grown.  I probably should have titled this post "Our Big 5 Month Old" instead of "Our Little 5 Month Old".  (In case you've missed his previous "photo shoots", check 'em out here: 4 Months, 3 Months, 2 Months, 1 Month, Birth Story).

James hung out in his crib while I set things up.
I'm keeping an eye on you...

Posing with Teddy and showing off his toes.

The complicated relationship between the two continues.

The pictures below are shown in sequential order.  I love how in the second to last picture, he looks somewhat resigned to sitting still and posing with his sign, and them promptly crumples it up with a look of determination in the next.  I can just picture him saying in his head, "Making me pose with a stupid sign.  I'll show her!"

I'm not sure if this is considered a "milestone" or not, but James put his feet in his mouth for the first time earlier this week.  I was one proud Mama.
Mmm...Toes...

 

He has also been "Tripodding" (sitting up with his hands planted on the floor) quite a bit for the last couple of weeks.  At storytime this past Monday at the library, he was so excited about the story that was being read that he straightened his back and went from tripodding to sitting up on his own for the first time.  It was only for a few seconds before he toppled over, but he did it!  I was even prouder than when he put his feet in his mouth.
Tripodding Master



 

I love the series below, and but was so sad when I saw that I cut off his head.  I was holding the camera out to the side while trying to make him smile (he's a sucker for eye contact), so I wasn't looking through the viewfinder.
Cutest tush ever.

When I was about done, James offered to give me a hand in putting away the camera.  I think he had an ulterior motive...
Mmm...Camera strap...






No comments:

Post a Comment