Wednesday, July 20, 2011

4 Month Pics


James was not very cooperative this time around.  The boy smiles 90% of the time, but as soon as I broke out my camera, the smiles disappeared.  So I now present the somber side of James Hardin.

James & Teddy sitting in a big boy chair
Showing Teddy how old he is

Shocking, I know

The only (half) smile I could capture.  His Daddy was making faces at him.
Our little angel

James likes to lift his legs now and grab his toes.  Very helpful when changing his diaper.

At one point he got so fed up with Daddy trying to make him smile that he stole his glasses

Sweet, tired boy

Are we done yet?

This picture pretty much sums up what James thought of the photo session:

Blowing me a big, fat raspberry.

We had his 4 month doctor's appointment last week, and his doctor said (and I quote) "He is wonderful."  He was all smiles for his new doc, and didn't even mind the three shots all that much (although he complained about them quite a bit later that afternoon).  He's up to 14lbs 7oz (a little over double his birth weight), but is still a little small for his age, coming in at the 35% percentile (up from 25% at his last two appointments).

In true James fashion, he hit another milestone this week that we both missed.  Shortly after Matthew left for work on Monday, I laid him in his crib on his back so he could look at his mobile while I went to the restroom.  When I came back, he was on his tummy and was looking at me with a huge grin.  It was the first time he rolled from back to belly.  He's also been scooting around quite a bit - it's pretty funny to watch.  He kind of looks like a little inchworm, raising his butt up in the air.  I think he's ready to start crawling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment