Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Big Move - Day 1

We finally made the big move to Madison, Wisconsin.  Despite a few blips along the way (more about those later), we had a really great trip.  Jim & Jason (Matthew's Dad & brother) flew out the night before we left.  They drove the moving truck, complete with trailer, while we (Matthew, James, Wrigley, Boo, and myself), followed behind in my car.

The Big Rig
Last Saturday, we had several friends come over to help us load the truck (thank you Kendra, Randy, Serena, Karen, & Addison!!).  When Matthew told me he rented a 26 footer, I thought that was waaay to big.  I was wrong.

"Matthew, smile with all of your sh**." -Jason

Matthew & the awesome bruise he got from loading said sh** into the truck.
We were very sad to leave our first home, the city we fell in love with, and the life-long friends we made.

James hanging out in his room one last time.

But after saying goodbye, we were ready to hit the road (only 2 hours later than we had originally planned) and start a new adventure.

Ready to go (Photo by Jason)
Our last family picture at our first house (Photo by Jim)
Closeup (Photo by Jason)

Unlike when we moved to Seattle where I slept 90% of the time, I actually stayed awake for most of this trip.  We took I-90 to Billings, Montana, where we hopped on I-94, which we took to Madison (a little different course than the trip out, when we took I-90 the entire way).  The scenery was gorgeous.

Windmills in Central Washington
Columbia River
The plains of Washington.  The picture on the right was taken 5 years ago during the move to Seattle.
 James takes after his mother.  At least where sleeping in the car is concerned.  At least for the first day of our trip.

Sleepy Baby
 We stopped for the night in Spokane, when James started to get hungry (and cranky).  We drove about 280 miles that first day.

Hungry Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment